You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.
The diagram below shows the life cycle of a salmon, from egg to adult fish.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.
Tips:Write your description of the diagram by answering the following questions:
- Where and in what form do salmon begin their lives?
- When the young salmon emerge from eggs, where are they reared?
- Before swimming to the ocean, where do the young fish migrate to?
- What happens to salmon during their time in the ocean?
- Where do the adult fish then travel to, and why
- What happens that completes the cycle?
How do you write an overview or summary about a ‘life cycle’ diagram?
1. Count the number of stages in the life cycle.
2. Decide on a beginning and an end point in the cycle.
You should write at least 40 words.